What style, texture and flavor you want for the frosting for your next baked item? Yes, there is a variety of ways to do that. Not just one frosting or icing, imagined as your style statement, there is a gargantuan range of flavors and icings you can use now. Do you want to know how to make icing? Of course you do because this is the only way you can present the same cake or pastry with different flavors and styles. Pull up your socks because you are now about to learn how to make icing and that too in variety of ways.
Before learning how to make icing make certain that you have the following things with you.
- Electric beater
- Spreading spatula or spoon
Variety of frostings can be made. Follow the recipe below and learn how to make icing with different flavors.
- Directions to make butter icing: Take 90g of butter and whisk it nicely and fluffy with electric beater. Add 160g of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Mix it nicely. Butter icing is ready to serve.
- Directions to make fudge icing: Take a saucepan and heat it. Flame must be medium. Add 2 tablespoon water, 55g castor sugar and 50g of butter in the saucepan. Mix it over the medium flame until sugar is nicely mixed. Take another bowl and add 120g of icing sugar and 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder. Now gradually pour the batter into this bowl and keep stirring. Mix it well. Refrigerate till the batter becomes thick. Fudge icing is ready.
- Directions to make fluffy icing: Taka a saucepan and heat it over medium flame. Add 220g of castor sugar and 80 ml water. Without letting it boil, heat it so sugar melts down. Let it boil now for 5 minutes. When syrup looks quite consistent and thick, put down the flame. Take another bowl and add two eggs. Beat the eggs till foam appears. Now add the syrup in eggs. Beat on high for 10 minutes. Let the better stay. After 10 minutes batter will cool down and ready to use.
- Directions to make chocolate icing: to make chocolate icing, take a bowl and add 80g dark chocolate and 60g of sour cream. Take a pan with simmering water and place this bowl in it. Stir the mixture till it is smooth. Use this tasty icing on any cake or pastry.